question-icon

Can Babies Teeth For Months At A Time? My Daughter

Posted on Mon, 1 Oct 2018
Question: Can babies teeth for months at a time? My daughter is 4 months old and has had symptoms of teething going on 4 weeks now. But, no teeth in sight. She drools constantly, loves to chew on things, responds to teething gel. But it has just been going on so long. She has also had a stuffy nose most of this time too. Should I be concerned, or is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora (38 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Teething doesn't generally last so long.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Well, teething symptoms do not last for months without any signs of an eruption of teeth.

Secondly, milk teeth begin to erupt by the age of 6 months.

As your baby also has stuffed nose the symptoms can be related to cold and blocked nose leading to an attempt to breathe through mouth leading to drooling.

It is advisable to consult a Pedodontist or a Paediatrician and get her evaluated.

Hope this information helps.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist