question-icon

Can allergic insect bite cause fatigue?

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014
Question: I was biiten by a horsefly 2 weeks ago . I sawthe fly lad on my leg so I know it was not a tick. I went to the doctors. he said it was not infected. He told me to take allergy pills. so I'm having extreme fatigue. No itching . no swollen area

Can the fatigue be related to a bite?
Answered by Dr. Krunal Karade (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No , It is because anti allergy pills

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the query.
No the fatigue is not related to a bite of horsefly since you are not having swelling , itching any more.
It more likely because to anti allergy pills you are taking which is a side effect of anti allergy pills.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Krunal Karade

ENT Specialist