Can abdominal hernia cause constant nausea?
If Hernia is obstructed, you may get vomiting.
Hernia is nothing but extension of the inner layer of abdomen called peritoneum outside ,with bowel or Omentum in it as a content.
If bowel gets stuck inside the hernia sac, it is called obstructed hernia. Then, the food contents will not pass distally causing Vomiting.
Most of the hernia swellings will get reduced in lying down posture or with pressure.
If the content is not reduced, it may lead to nausea and vomiting.
Please consult your surgeon, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly. Hernia has no medical treatment. It has to be operated. At this age of 86,I prefer surgery only if it gets complicated with Obstruction or strangulation.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Almost constant nausea causes
- Abdominal hernia causes
- Intra-abdominal hernia causes
- What be the cause of constant nausea and vomiting sensation
- Abdominal hernia symptoms in men
- Lower abdominal hernias
- Abdominal hernia operation
- Upper abdominal hernia surgery
- Abdominal hernia treatment
- Does postinor 2 causes constant nausea