Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hi, Can a naturally during an abstenion period blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise?
59 years
175 cm
78 kg
very fit and in physical very good shape
no other medical problem

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I have gone through your complaint. Usually, the tube connecting to
the testis, vas, never gets blocked because of sexual inactivity.
I believe that your semen analysis is showing azoospermia.
I need to know your FSH, LH- these are blood tests.
In addition, I usually examine patients to find out for testicular

It shall be helpful,if you could let me know whether your testis appear smaller than before or not.


Rajiv Goel
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ? 21 hours later
Thanks, but even if it is unusual, if the problem is caused by an abstention period is there any method surgical or other which can clear the testis tube?
The blockage is clearly palpable and can be felt as bulge? I've been examined by two doctors and they have confirmed this but the doctors are not saying anything about possible cures, they probably think it's not something to bother about. I am asking you for this advice because I want to know whether I should make further inquiries where I live.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 22 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, there are surgeries which correct the blockage in the tube like Vasovasostomy and vasoepididymostomy .

Prior to this there will be a need for testicular biopsy to know the fact that the sperm production is good and hence confirm the presence of the block.

The above surgeries are performed by urologists, You can consult one for the same.

Hope I answered your query.Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor