Can Zenflox-OZ be taken in pregnancy for diarrhea?
my wife is 8months pregnant and very healthy. it is 2 am here and to-night she has got four loose motions. Usually our doctor prescribes ZENFOX-OZ in such situations, for kids and adults. My question is , is it safe to give ZENFLOX-OZ( composition OFLOXACIN AND ORNIDAZOLE) tablet for pregnant women once a day?
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
During pregnancy for loose motions taking antibiotics like Zenflox-OZ is not immediately recommended.
It is best to take over the counter Lomotil or Lomofen three times a day. She can start taking easy to digest food. Avoid hot and spicy food. See to it that her intake of fluids is sufficient. In case the symptoms persist then do consult her gynecologist for proper treatment.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...