Can Tekturna be replaced with Aliskiren?

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been taking tekturna about one year....the expense seems mind blocking. What is your response to Aliskiren in place of Tekturna?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Both are same

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
Tekturna contains Aliskiren and used to treat hypertension. Tekturna is a brand name by Novartis, so the price is high. Instead you can take generic Aliskerin of same dose. There is no difference between the two and generic is cheaper than branded Tekturna.

Hope i answered your query. You can close discussion and rate the answer.

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju