Can Mensovit Plus be taken for irregular menstruation?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My wife period date on 16th Aug shall I give menzovot plus please tell
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For what was it prescribed?

Detailed Answer:

Mensovit plus is prescribed for regulating the menstrual flow or regulating the delayed periods. If you miss periods now first go in for the urine pregnancy test. Even before going to the pregnancy test you should not take tablets. It will further complicate the menstrual periods.

If the pregnancy comes negative Wait for a week, If still delayed then she can take Tab. DEVERY 10 MG for 5 days and stop after which she'll get her cycles in 72 hours. If you are pregnancy we can talk about it, if the pregnancy test is positive.

So I encourage you to take the urine pregnancy test at home with any kit available over the counter at any pharmacy.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 15 minutes later
Already 6 tabs menzovit plus tablets taken two days before
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Need not to worry

Detailed Answer:
Then wait don't take any more tablets.
Check for the pregnancy first.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 2 hours later
safety precaution for sex for pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I did not get you.

Detailed Answer:
I am not getting your query?
Is it safe sex not to become pregnancy? or safe sex during the pregnancy?
Or safe sex to get pregnant?

If it's to avoid pregnancy then. If your wife is having regular cycles of menstruations of 28 to 30 days cycle then till 8th day and after 20th day are safe. In between days are fully fertile chances. Getting pregnant in between those days are high. So you can use barrier methods like condom during 8 to 20th day.