Can MDMA be used while taking Pentasa and having crohn's disease?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi,

I had a chirurgical last month because of my Crohn's disease. I wanted to know if i can try MDMA and if it will be worst because i take pentasa 500mg?

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for writing in

Under all prevailing conditions MDMA is not recommended

The stimulant effects of the drug, can lead to dehydration, hyperthermia (dangerous increase in body temperature), and heart or kidney failure.

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
I know all of these effect but i want to know if something will be worst because i take pentasa and because i got Crohn's disease?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Though Not Documented Some Patients have Issues

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

Thanks for writing in again

Hi, there is not much literature on this, and have heard of few patients who have deteriorated after taking MDMA on mesalamine

Any doctor would refrain from advising MDMA or any similar product

Hope this helps
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj