Can Lanacane with honey be used on wound site?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: OK BUT CAN I KEEP USING LANACNE OVER THE HONEY ON THE WOUND? XXXX
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lanacane to be applied first to get anesthetic effect.

Detailed Answer:
Thank for your feedback query.
You can certainly first apply lanacane and honey over it. Lanacane containes benzocaine a local anesthetic hence should be applied before honey.

Once applied it will act for some time.
For it to be effective again it can be mixed with honey and applied. This will be by permutation and combination and you will have to observe whether the mixed application work effectively for pain or not. If not then you have to wipe out and apply Lanacane again as the first application.

I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.