Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Can I use step up for increasing my height?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
sir, i am XXXXXXX my height is 5'2" and my age is 22. my parents are short. my father is look like me. i m a martial artist. is there any guarented medicine , can i use to increase my height??? is step_up is preferable???....plzzz kindly suggest me
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no medicine to increase height at 22 Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Increase in height occurs due to growth of bones. Bones stop growing around 18-19 years of age. So, there is no guaranteed medicine to increase growth at the age of 22. Further, the child's height depends on the parents' height. Since both parents have a relatively short stature, there is no abnormality, as far as your height is concerned. My word of advice : DO NOT FALL PREY TO MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENTS IN THE NEWSPAPERS CLAIMING MEDICINES FOR INCREASING HEIGHT. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care, Col (Dr.) Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can I use step up for increasing my height? 8 minutes later
sir, can i take a chance to buy some medicine... sir, wil u suggest some medicine for which atleast i can increase 2" more. sir, can u tell me,if i would go for surgery to develope my height or not
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no medicine or surgery to increase height Detailed Answer: Well, young man, You will only land up harming your body. The so-called medicines will cause severe harmful effects, without increasing your height. There is NO surgical procedure to increase the height. It is therefore, up to you to either follow or, ignore my truly professional advice. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Can I use step up for increasing my height? 3 days later
sir, is the advirtise ment realy make fake promises.???? sir i a going to know about limb strechning, is it fake doctor??? in how much year, a person can be increase doctor??
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Do not believe these misleading advertisements Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX YES. All misleading advertisements are posted by QUACKS. As mentioned earlier, growth in height STOPS at around 18 years of age. Hence, height can be increased ONLY BEFORE 18 YEARS' OF AGE, by using Growth Hormone injections. But, if these injections are used AFTER the growth stops, there will be only thickening of bones and spoil your body structure, apart from serious side effects. ONCE AGAIN, I WILL S-T-R-O-G-L-Y ADVISE YOU N-O-T TO BE MISGUIDED BY THESE MISLEADING ADVERTISEMENTS. Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor