Can I take Loperamide to relieve diarrhea while having IBS?
Loperamide can be taken in IBS. But caution should be exercised for it.
I can certainly understand your concern.
Loose stools in Diverticulosis is blood tinged and may be associated with pain.
Whereas loose stools in IBS is typically pain-free (sometimes mild abdominal discomfort).
Past history of Diverticulosis/diverticulitis is more a pointer of current loose stools.
Dr. Suresh Heijebu, General & Family Physician
Accurate differentiation can be made only on Ultrasound abdomen and an expert physician's clinical examination.
Coming to loperamide it can be taken in IBS. But caution should be exercised for it's use in Diverticulosis.
Post your further queries if any
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ibs and watery diarrhea
- How to control ibs diarrhea
- Constipation diarrhea ibs loperamide peppermint oil treatment
- Ibs and excessive saliva with diarrhea
- Symptoms of ibs with diarrhea
- Ibs no diarrhea
- How to treat ibs diarrhea
- Loperamide for ibs
- Ibs diarrhea diet
- Diarrhea vomiting bloated stomach taking probiotics ibs