Can I take Eldoper for stomach pain and frequent bowel movements?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Wed, 22 Aug 2018 in General Health
Question: Hi,

I am 29 old years female and suffering from low fever, body aches, little stomach discomfort , frequent bowl movements around 8 or 9 since a day. Took pyrigesic yesterday due to body pains. Suggest what needs to be done? Can i take eldoper or it is better to wait so that it heals on its own. What is this condition called?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It seems viral.

Detailed Answer:

This seems viral gastroenteritis.

It is better to avoid Eldoper when there is stomach pain and frequent bowels. It will mostly take a few days to get better by itself.

To avoid dehydration, please take ORS in cleaner water. It is to be taken after every bowel movement or whenever thirsty. You can take Pyrigesic for fever.

Avoid juices and milk. Take thicker foods. Take ripe fruits and salad but avoid raw foods that can hurt the stomach.

Hope it helps.

Dr. Vaishalee Punj, General & Family Physician