Can Diamox be taken to prevent altitude sickness?

Dr. Lohit K

Posted on Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have had anaphylaxis to aspirin. Can I take Diamox to prevent altitude sickness?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes. You can take Diamox

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Aspirin and Diamox are two different drugs and belongs to different categories. So there are no cross reaction to these 2 drugs. You can take Diamox. This will help in preventing mountain sickness. You should start 1-2 days earlier and continue till you are in high altitude.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and enjoy life.