Can DOMS and dehydration after working out cause dark urine?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: After the gym yesterday I had dark urine. I didn’t pay that much attention to it. I did drink a lot after peeing and then peed clear. I felt mostly fine, hr a bit higher than usual and a little chilled. Today, pee is normal but very sore, when moving. Is this likely doms and dehydration or should I be worried about rhabo?
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It's better to get renal function, CPK, LDH and urinalysis done along

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been gone through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, yes possibility of rhabdo can't be ignored and must be screened with urinalysis, renal function test as well as CPK and LDH.

But other possibilities of gross hematuria or blood in urine must be worked up with ultrasound KUB and Xray KUB to rule out renal colic etc.

Drinking more water is advisable. Also using citrosoda XXXXXXX in water is better to help with burning. Wishing you a great health.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad