Can Clindamycin cause cdiff as a side-effect?

Question
Clindamycin HCL 300 mg lists cdiff as warning side effect. I have already had cdiff and certainly want it again. Should I take anyway?
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would not recommend using it

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would not recommend that you use clindamycin as pseudomembranous colitis is a common side effect of clindamycin that may occur during or after antibacterial treatment in 1-10% of patients using it and is associated with the presence of Clostridium difficile toxin in the stool. Pseudomembranous colitis may also be associated with toxic megacolon, which can be life-threatening. you should go back to your doctor for a replacement prescription. I hope you find this helpful. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion..