Can Amoxicillin be used in case of Levofloxacin intolerance for treating Clindamycin-resistant pneumonia?
I have been struggling with pneumonia. Clindamyacin didn't clear it so my NP put me on Levofloxacin 500 mg. The first day I felt sick all over about 8 hrs. after taking it. The second dosage I vomited. Third dose again sick all over and at 2:30 a.m. woke up with a severe pain in the calf of my right leg and going down toward the ankle. I'm afraid to take the next dose. I have Amoxicillian here that I ordered from Canada. Should I switch over to Amox? And if so....how much? I have 250mg. which I can double up on. -Diane-
try to continue it
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
Usually we don't rrecommendto change the treatment and i would advise you to continue the current treatment. Probably the stomach should be protected with Omeprazol tbs once.
If you have these concerns again than you can switch to Amoxicylin 1gram three times per day for 10 days.
Try it and we can discuss again .I am sure you will feel better again
Regards and feel free to ask me again
I have Omeprazole here so I will take that with the next dosage.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Folklore beliefs in treating pneumonia
- Diagnosed with pneumonia took levofloxacin safe to fly
- Will taking amoxicillin safe for pneumonia
- Amoxicillin 500mg for pneumonia
- Suffering from pneumonia taking levofloxacin no improvement recommendations
- Cipro used to treat pneumonia
- Levofloxacin 750 mg pneumonia
- Does amoxicillin treat pneumonia
- Levofloxacin 500 mg for pneumonia
- Taking apo-levofloxacin for pneumonia side effect
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?