Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Caesarean section done. Suffering from diarrhea, bloating and pain around scar area. What's wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
I had my 3rd c section in Nov 2012. 2 weeks post op I had retained products left from the procedure. Since December I suffer from diarrhea, stomach bloating, area of scar very tender then starting today left flank extremely sore to touch. I just haven't felt right since the birth of my 3rd child in nov 2012. thanks
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 2 hours later
welcome to XXXXXXX

As your problems have started after the CS surgery,

You need to get abdominal ultrasound done to look for any underlying collections ,or any infection.( especially sine you mention tender scar after nearly 10 weeks of surgery).
Did you have a follow up with your OB doctor after these complaints?

The other possibilities if the OB rules out any related conditions

1 stress gastritis - can happen after surgery

2 ureteric injuries during surgery also to be ruled out

So please consult your OBG doctor !
Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor