question-icon

Been experiencing lightheadedness/ dizziness off and on for the past

Posted on Sun, 10 Feb 2019
Question: Been experiencing lightheadedness/dizziness off and on for the past 7 days. Felt in laying down or certain head movement triggered some of it. Head feels heavy at times , not sure if my anxiety helps my situation.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
It seems to be Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, it seems that you might be having Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV).
I would advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated by an ENT specialist and a Neurophysian. Also get your blood pressure and heart rate monitored. Also get ruled out for Cervical spondylitis.
You can take Cinnarizine 25 mg thrice daily for symptomatic relief. Further treatment may include some physiotherapy and head movement exercises, which can be planned after your clinical evaluation.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist