BED BUGS. The last day or two I noticed that

Dermatologist
Question
BED BUGS. The last day or two I noticed that I have a lot of flat, red areas on my upper arms, thighs, legs. I suspect bed bugs. I spent the night of January 9 at my sister's home, sleeping on her sofa. She has had problems with bed bugs in the past and even bought a new bed. I think that her sofa or her cat may be where I got them. I don't see other signs of bed bugs. I am very sensitive to chemicals. I have daily migraines and other types of headaches. Is there any other way to get rid of these bugs? Also, I have a 16-year old cat. I don't see bugs on her but she washes herself frequently. Recently, I notice her pulling her fur out in little squares. I am thinking that she may have bed bugs, too. What should I do for the bite marks on my body?
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

I have gone through your complaints and reviewed the photograph of your face but can't see any bite marks.

If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.

This should improve in 7-10 days.

Dr Asmeet