Are vaginal odor, discharge and itchiness in pubic area signs of STD?
Does nt seem like an STD
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
i am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone throigh ypur query and i have noted your concern
These symptoms could be due to bacterial vaginosis(BV), which is due to alteration of vaginal bacterial flora. BV is quite common in sexually active females. It is not an STD.
Another reason for vulval itching and discharge could be a candidal infection. Again this is not an STD.
If i was the treating doctor i would suggest single dose of an oral antifungal i.e Fluconazole 150mg, single tablet. In addition i would suggest oral metronidazole 400mg tablets, three times daily for 5 days.
These are prescription medications and i suggest you to take them under supervision of your gynaecologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaginal odor tests for std bv negative causes and treatment
- Vaginal odor and cloudy pee
- Foul vaginal odor with brownish watery discharge
- Vaginal odor no discharge
- Vaginal odor with no std
- Burning thighs vaginal odor no discharge
- Vaginal odor and discharge
- Foul vaginal odor and discharge
- Spironolactone and vaginal odor and discharge
- Can crystal meth cause vaginal odor and discharge