Are sudden weakness in legs and balance issues signs of stroke?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: When I got home from work I had a bowel movement. When I was finished I went to stand up and I loss all the strength in my legs. I sat back down on the seat but completely lost my balance and fell over sideways. I got to my hands and knees and stood up and went to the kitchen and took a baby aspirin and drank a bunch of water. Could this of been a XXXXXXX stroke?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Brief answer....yes it could be XXXXXXX stroke
Detailed answer....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Your symptoms definitely point towards a XXXXXXX  stroke although there could be other reasons also. Going forward , a XXXXXXX stroke is much more dangerous  and that is why i am laying  my emphasis on this only.
It is an urgency since if it is a XXXXXXX stroke,then chances of second and much severe stroke are very high within next 30 days.
You must go to ER immediately and get yourself evaluated thoroughly by getting appropriate tests done.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks