Are soft movable lymph nodes above the collarbones a matter of concern?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Thu, 6 Sep 2018 in Blood Disorders
Question: I have multiple lymph nodes, neck bilateral all soft and moveable, one above right collar bone again soft moveable ( was ultrasounded 2 years ago and was not a concern) now one above my left collar bone, I’ve had the area ultrasounded twice in 4 months, my dr wanted an FNA done but the radiologist didn’t do it bc the node was only 4-6 mm, I can feel it freely move on the left aide directly above my collar bone it’s small and freely moves. To makes matters worse 2 months ago I went to the er for palpatations and it came back my hemoglobin was 7 they had to transfuse me bc I was symptomatic I seen a dr a hematologist and a cardiologist and they all agreed it was just my period. I’m a 30 year old female. I’m scared they kee popping up and it says everywhere online you should never be able to feel the ones above th left collar bone and I can with no problems at all.
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry much about lymphnode.

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

You have 3 to 4 mm size lymphnode. Your lymphnode are very small in size. If you are asymptomatic then it is not significant clinically. So, don't worry much about that. If your lymphnode size increases then you can go for fine needle aspiration cytology or biopsy. But right now it is not a cause of concern.

Your low hemoglobin is due to your heavy bleeding in periods so consult your gynecologist and take care of that.

Hope I have answered your question.

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi, Hematologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng