Are preventricular contractions benign in athletes who do weightlifting?

Question

Are preventricular contractions almost always benign in athletes who do weightlifting?

Thank you
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should be evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Preventricular contractions are common in athletes. However, to say that they are benign , we need to rule out other causes like Hypothyroidism , Magnesium , Calcium deficiency , or any conduction abnormality.

My recommendations would be to go for following tests:
1. Holter monitoring
2. Thyroid profile
3. Serum calcium and Magnesium levels.

If all normal, they can be considered benign.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD