Are gray colored facial skin and racing pulse indicative of a stroke?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: My brother is 56 year old airline pilot in excellent physical shape. He just had a physical and everything looked good. Tonight, he became non-responsive for about 15 seconds, (stared straight ahead with no response to questions) his coloring went ashen. Both my husband and brother in law thought he was having a stroke. I am a physical therapist and was not in the room. However, when called I saw the grey coloring in his face and his pulse was racing. He is not on any medications.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
TIA to consider. Go to the ER.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

In my opinion, transient ischemic attack (TIA) should be considered and evaluated further, it is necessary to go to the ER for this purpose.

A brain MRI may give the necessary information about this condition.

In addition, a full cardiac workup is necessary and any possible carotid arteries stenosis should be considered too.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana