Are chronic muscle pain, fatigue and dizziness caused by old age?
Statins related myopathy likely
Statins related myopathy and hepatotoxicity should be looked for and ruled out.
This should be done before symptomatic treatment with pain meds and muscle relaxants are offered.
CPK, urinalysis, renal and liver function tests should be done as part of the workup.
If the aches and pains are severe in the areas you described then the statin can be stopped for a month.
This can help see improvements in the symptoms even in the absence of deranged biochemistry.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of chronic muscle pain
- Rhomboid muscle pain causes
- Constant muscle pain and fatigue
- Chronic neck muscle pain causes
- Causes of chronic muscle pain
- Muscle pain and dizziness
- Chronic muscle pain and weakness
- Fatigue muscle pain and weakness lightheadedness dizzy
- Mold cause muscle pain
- Chronic muscle pain
- What causes weight gain inspite of being on Effexor for depression?
- What does twinging sensation in and around stomach indicate?
- Suggest treatment for pressure under lower left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for scleroderma
- Is Stematil safe with Sertraline?
- What causes low MPV?
- Does drinking excess water lead to reduced kidney function?
- Does Claritin Redi medication cause lymphadenopathy?
- Can hepatitis-C be contracted through a cut wound in the hand?
- What causes numbness in legs and face after taking steroid injections in...