question-icon

Are chest pain and cough indicative of a gastric reflux and viral infection?

Posted on Sat, 4 Apr 2020
Question: hi I burnt leaves last week and a day later I got a sudden severe cough then the next night my chest severely hurt for 2 hours on th right of my sternum the next morning I felt weak and have been so fatigued for 4 days that I have been in and out of bed mostly in due to fatigue also have a coughing body aches
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla (44 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Please read the following

Detailed Answer:

As you explain the history i don't think this situation is related to the burning leaves.

It might be a viral one that with a cough. Meanwhile the chest pain as you explain the history might be from a gastric reflux.

For this you can take Pantoprazol 40 mg once per day for some days. You Will feel better soon.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Jnikolla
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist