Are Wellbutrin and Bupropion the same medications for treating depression?
They are the same.
Bupropion and Wellbutrin are the same and there is no difference between the two of them.
The former is the generic name of later and other than the name difference no difference exists in regard to the effect on anything.
I do think one for acts of anxiety as bupropion has a little role in anxiety disorders.
It is indicated for only two disorders which include depression and smoking cessation.
I also like to inform you that both Fluoxetine and Bupropion are largely safe medication and your concern about damaging your body is slightly out of proportion.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ashok Kumar, Psychiatrist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can venlafaxine bupropion and risperidone cause depression
- Is wellbutrin a better medication than venlafaxine for depression
- Taking prilosec wellbutrin trazadone have depression medicine
- How is depression and anxiety treated with medication
- Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety
- How to treat depression naturally
- How can depression be treated
- Using stimulants to treat depression
- Treating depression with eglonyl
- What is the remedy for depression when on wellbutrin