Approximately 7 weeks ago I was diagnosed with a dvt
It takes about 3 &a half month for recovery...
Thanks for the query. I have read &understood your concern.
Deep vein thrombosis after being diagnose takes about 3 & a half months to heal .. you might get mild pain till then. . After this you would be investigated to confirm healing &exclude possibility of recurrence &then the drug can be withdrawn.
During this period you have to be-
- In touch with treating doctor & follow blood clotting tests instructions given(as Eliquis is a blood thinner.
* Watch out for excessive bleeding &report to doctor if you have it... also report immediately there is painful &swollen knot that has shifted up from original pain site(to rule out possibility of thrombophlebitis)
- watch out for painful_tender vein on leg
- watch out for sudden breathing trouble,dizziness
*Take medicines strictly as advised.
see the doctor earliest.. with any of the adverse signs mentioned.
I hope that answers your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?