Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Allergy prone to certain food items since years. Which tests can confirm the allergens?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 1126 Questions
Good afternoon doctor..

I have an allergy problem since from 14 yrs and now my age is around 23 yrs.

I have gone through several treatments, like homeopathy, ayurveda, allopathy..

in 2008 i had serious problem of allergy..and at that time i consulted on allopathy doctor..i must say she was very effective, the Dr. instructed me for the items to be stopped/controlled to take..the below mentioned items.
1. Lasun - garlic
2. besan ke pakode - gram flour.
3. gajjar - carrot.
4. patta gobi - cabbage.

Though i admit since 2008 i have controlled or rather i have stopped eating the above mentioned food items.
But now a days i m in bangalore, and getting the same allergy problem.
Is it possible that apart from the above said food articles some thing new is added in the list.

if yes then how about to go for the test again..
kindly suggest me the name of the skin allergy test and clinic in bagalore near by indiranagar...

Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX

A person generally is allergic to more than one substances. These are called allergens and can be from food items, dust, pollens, smoke, perfumes, flavouring agents, animals, colours to any other thing that you can think of.

The allergy to different substances can come up during different times. May be you have developed allergy to some thing else now.

You may go in for another skin allergy test which may help in identifying the substance.

You may also go in for blood test for IgE levels and if high, may go in for anti IgE shots. For this i suggest you consult a pulmonologist or an immunologist who can guide you properly.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor