question-icon

After stretching sessions Friday evening and Saturday morning, both my

Posted on Sat, 16 Feb 2019
Question: After stretching sessions Friday evening and Saturday morning, both my left leg & left arm started feeling funny and getting numb. They reached the point where I can't do much with either limb, and I can't walk without a walker (which I have). I haven't stretched like that in years. I was hoping doing that would help me lose some weight. I have no pain at all. Need I see a doctor today or can it wait till tomorrow to see if the numbness goes away?
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Better to see the doctor at the earliest...

Detailed Answer:

From what I read, you developed numbness of left side limbs almost suddenly. You also seem to be finding difficulty to walk. This may or may not be due to stretching. However it is important to check for structural and vascular defects in the brain. A CT / MRI scan of the brain is recommended.

Accordingly, in my opinion you shouldn't be waiting until tomorrow. See a doctor today and almost immediately.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad