A week ago I shot up in the crook of

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2018
Feb 2018

General Surgeon
Question
A week ago I shot up in the crook of my arm no pain everything seemed normal but a few days latter the vein on that arm started twitching going from big to small and my wrist got a little swollen under vein. The very next day swelling moved down to hand in between thumb and pointer finger. The swelling isn’t noticeable to anyone besides myself unless I were to point it out to you. Today the tip of my thumb has been tingling all day. Nothing is red and I have no fever and not much pain if any at all.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be Median nerve involvement

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Your history is suggestive of a Median nerve entrapment.
Hence I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Consult a Doctor for clinical evaluation, an actual examination and get a reference for a Neurologist or so for further evaluation, nerve conduction studies or so if advised so.
Give complete rest to the affected upper limb.
Since it is already a week ago get the things done as soon as possible.

I hope this answers helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
And give feedback.