Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
198 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

8 years kid having stomach ache Symptoms like indigestion since

Answered by
Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 1975 Questions

Posted on Fri, 22 Feb 2019 in Child Health
Question: 8 years kid having stomach ache Symptoms like indigestion since he over ate heavily yesterday
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Give same acid reducing agent with anticolic

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

I can understand your concern.
As you are suspecting this abdominal discomfort due to heavy eating, I think giving acid reducing agent like lansoprazole will help. The symptoms seems to be increased gas production.
Give plain diet with plenty of fluids at least for one day.
I think this will suffice but still if he is complaining of pain you may give anticolic like dicyclomine.
Watch for symptoms of food poisoning like loose stool, vomiting etc and if you notice any please contact your pediatrician.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on