Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

73 years old having knee pain. Planning for operation. Looking for good orthopedic surgeon

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 20 Questions

My mother who is 73 years old has knee joint problem on her right leg. She has undergone surgery 5 years back for her left knee and now i am planning to get her right knee also operated. Can you suggest a good orthopaedic surgeon for joint replacement in Bangalore please.

Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Deepak Goyal 18 hours later

Thanks for sending query to us.

Well I took little time to answer, as your question was a tricky one.

It is always difficult and not proper to recommend a name of someone, at online forum. Besides that, I practice away from Bangalore, therefore I do not have any personal reference too.

As such, all orthopedic surgeons at Bangalore are doing great work. I suggest you to go to a good hospital with a dedicated Knee Surgeon for surgery of your mother. Be careful, the surgeon himself should have good experience of knee surgeries.
I am sorry, as I am unable to give you a reference.

Let me know if there is any other query, I shall try to guide you.

Dr Deepak Goyal
Cartilage, Arthroscopy & Knee Surgery
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor