Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

68 years old. Noticed small blood clots in urine. What do you suggest?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
male 68 years old small blood clots in urine past 2 days in morning beginning of flow. What do you suggest?
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
The most common causes of blood in the urine are infection, stone or tumour in the urinary tract.
You need to undergo urine analysis, urine culture and ultrasound scan of the abdomen.
Based on the results, we can proceed.
Blood in the urine is not a disease itself - but a symptom of a disease - which needs to be identified.
Blood thinners can also cause blood in urine but the above causes need to be ruled out.
Hope this helps, Kindly get back for doubts if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor