Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

6 months pregnant. Developed pain on upper back. How to get relief from this pain?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
I am currently 6 months pregnant and have developed pain on my left upper back. What do I need to do get relief from this pain?
Posted Sun, 7 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
You can apply any gel like volini gel for pain relief. Also hot fomentation will help.
If the pain persisits,then you can take medication like spasmoproxyvan/ myospaz forte but i wont recommend taking them unless the pain is severe. I would advise that you avoid taking oral pain relief medication unless absolutely necessary. I believe that the gel application and hot fomentation will help adequately.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 6 months pregnant. Developed pain on upper back. How to get relief from this pain? 12 minutes later
Thank you. Also I have been having cold and cough and I was advised to take Piriton cough syrup which makes me feel drowsy. Is it safe to consume cough syrup during pregnancy? Will it have any impact on the baby?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
Thats more helpful in allergic conditions.If you have only a cough,then take grilinctus cough syrup.And warm saline gargles/steam inhalation.Piriton has a sedative effects so i wont suggest that at present.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor