Owl Image

50 yrs female with ECG- APC, left Axis deviation ,

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2017
Jan 2017

Cardiologist
Question
50 yrs female with ECG- APC, left Axis deviation , Poor progression of R wave, please suggest what would be the possible complications and risk in this also pls suggest possible treatment options , prognosis and additional tests required for better evaluation
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Prognosis depends in cause of it

Detailed Answer:
Since you have not mentioned anything regarding the symptoms, I considered she is asymptomatic and does not have any history of chest pain or heart attack etc.
So assuming this, this is likely a age related change and prognosis is good. Firstly, APC is a atrial extra beat and it's benign, harmless. No need to worry about.
Next is left axis deviation and poor r wave progression, this suggest the first possibility of Left anterior fascicular block. This is frequently a age related change and prognosis is usually excellent. Other causes for poor r wave progression are improperly placed leads over the chest as she being a female, hypertension which is not having, heart attacks but she didn't have any symptoms. So overall, I don't think there is any to worry and prognosis is excellent.
But, we should get her evaluated to be sure. She should get Echo done to look for heart function. This should assure us. She should also have healthy lifestyle like low oily, fat diet and regular walking.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.