32 days ago I received anal fingering at a massage

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 in HIV and AIDS
Question: 32 days ago I received anal fingering at a massage parlor. 15 days after the incident I tested NEGATIVE for HIV using a 4th gen blood test. I’m a self diagnosed hypochondriac (ha). I’m wondering 1) what the likelihood is of contracting HIV from this encounter and 2) how accurate that test is given the 15 day window.
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The risk of contracting the infection is zero.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Arabicablaines,

Welcome to HCM.

The risk of contracting HIV from anal fingering is zero as such if the partner's status is not known and there was no bleeding cut or wound on the finger so don't get anxious or tensed for the same. 4th genegeration HIV test was negative after 15 days which is also reliable as it detects both antigen as well as antibody but to get more reliable result you need to get tested again after one month and the result will surely come in your favor. Just calm down, forget about the episode and live your life normally as the risk is not there in your case. If still any query is there feel free to ask me again.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj