Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

28 years old. What should I do to increase my height?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am 28 years old women and want to increase my height. My height is 4.11ft and I want to increase my height. Please advice me how can I increase my height at this age? Is there any medicine that you can suggest me. Please help me. I am facing so many problems due to my short height.
Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Firstly, in human, growth and development occurs up to the age of 22 to 24 years. After that, growth and development stop. One interesting thing is after achieving the ultimate height every year height decreases very very slowly.

So, once you have crossed the growing age group, nothing can help you to increase your height. Height mainly depends on length of bone which stops increasing after the growing age. So, it is now in permanent shape and height.

In market, you can see many ayurvedic medicines which claim to increase height. But all these are not scientifically proved.

Summary - in this 28 years of age no medicine can help to increase your height.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 28 years old. What should I do to increase my height? 15 hours later
I had consulted a doctor of mediplex. He said that at the age of 28 it is not possible to increase height but if we can do some exercise we can increase 2-3 inches height by stretching our spinal cord. He said he will give some height increasing tonic and with that tonic and some stretching exercise, I can increase my height by 2-3 inches. He is charges Rs 2,500 for a month and the total duration is of 3 months. Should I trust them and take a chance?
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 44 minutes later
As I previously told, in our pharmacology book, there is no such medicine. The drug you are talking about is an ayurvedic medicine.
As a M.B.B.S doctor I can not give you any opinion regarding taking those medicine.
The decision is totally upto you. But, check meticulously before taking these. I have not seen any person to have increased height after taking such medicine, at this age group.
So, take decision carefully.

Hope, you have answers of your question. If the information suffices, then close this discussion.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor