Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

2 month old child, suffering from leg shaking in one leg, short episodes, once or twice daily. Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
my son 2 months old, single leg shaking for few seconds occasionally once in a day or two.
Give me the suggestion
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

Normally, in infants of this age, some movements of limbs like this are common. This can happen several times a day.

I do not see any reason for worry.

Just keep a watch, if you observe any other movements like shaking of leg along with hand or some staring look and sudden holding of breath, then report this to your pediatrician and take his advise.

Apart from this, if the movement increase in frequency then you need to be concerned.

In routine if he takes feeds well and grows in weight, then there is no need to worry.

I hope, this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Have a happy parenting.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor