Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

198 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

18 months or so I needed cataract surgery . thereafter

Answered by
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 1722 Questions

Posted on Fri, 21 Dec 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: 18 months or so I needed cataract surgery. thereafter I fell and hit my left temple and developed double vision. There was falling and implication with impact that seemed to indication that vision symptoms were likely the result to impacting some the future when I fell. I assume to leave a chance for any difficulty.It got better after the fall although the ophalmologis were strongly not terrible, However (one, whom desire a short lesion resulted that I developed flashing over my lrrft shouldr what could this be?
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible retinal detachment, details below

Detailed Answer:

Seeing a flashing light at the corner (side) of the eye is very likely caused by a problem within the eye called retinal detachment and any patient experiencing flashes of light need to have a good eye exam with an ophthalmologist. Retina is the very inner eye layer that contains all the receptors of light and the vessels of the eye and where the optic nerve originates from (the nerve that transmits the vision).

Retinal detachment happens mostly in elderly and can be related to previous eye surgery like cataract surgery and eye trauma.

It generally requires quick evaluation and treatment to prevent further detachment. Detachment can start in periphery and extand towards the center of the eye bulb and quick intervention is crucial to prevent this progression.

To conclude I would say that you need to see your ophthalmologist as soon as possible and get proper examinations and treatment.

I hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,
Antoneta Zotaj
General & Family Physician
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on