07 2019 right leg full of plaque . No faith
right leg full of plaque. No faith in Doctor's diagnosis. Dangers? Down time? Questions to ask?
About arterial stenosis;
Hello and thank you for asking!
Atherosclerosis of the lower extremities if found in patient with diabetes or chronic smokers.
Ultrasound of the arteries helps to diagnose it and further on CT specifies better the level and severity of the plaque and stenosis.
If it is critical, stents to keep the artery opened is recommended. Xray is an old and not very specific examination.
Let me know if you have still queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?