will chlorination of water prevent cholera?

the drinking water which is distributed through public water system is only chlorinated, will chlorination of water is enough to prevent cholera?
Asked On : Thu, 1 Oct 2009
yes it helps keep the water free of diseases.
Clorination will help you to kill the bacteria. So i think since choler is also caused by bacteria the chlorination will kill this cholera bacteria also. I think it will prevent cholera, any way better to boil the water, cool it and then drink it

Yes why not. I have not come across cholera cases in properly maintained sanitation areas where clorinated water is supplied. cholera prevention also requires cultivation of good hygiene and sanitation habits.

it is better to use water filters to prevent cholera or other infections
Boil the drinking water before drinking, this is the easiest and safest method to prevent cholera. Chlorinated water has bad taste to drink

chlorination is the choice to prevent water borne cholera......