when i wiped the bathroom, i found blood..why?

I was using the bathroom (i was doing # 2) and when i was wiping, i found some blood. Is everything ok? why did this happen? and i m not on my period
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Yes its normal. It was probably just hemorrhoids, so don't freak out. If its the first time that it has ever happened, just monitor it to see if it happens again. See if there is any burning or itching, at any part of the day or night in that area, and note any pain. If the blood was rather red, and nowhere near black, then that is probably all it is. Black blood on the other hand would be something that you would want to talk to the Dr. about, but lighter, brighter blood, almost always comes from a hemorrhoid. Anal tearing could have occurred, and there are a number of causes from that. Make sure that you DON'T EVER push during a bowel movement, and try to eat more fiber. Don't stress over it though, I had the same problem, and when I spoke to my Dr. about it he wasn't at all concerned. My mother is a nurse and she wasn't concerned as long as it wasn't dark or tarry. Anything serious comes from higher up in the body and will be dark and tarry looking, so I would say you are fine, since you knew it was blood, I doubt that it was dark right? Just watch straining the area by pushing when you go to the bathroom, or by doing any heavy lifting! Good luck and God bless!