symptoms of brain tumor

may i know all the symptoms of brain tumor
Asked On : Thu, 30 Sep 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Symptoms of brain tumour includes:
Severe headache, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, speech difficulty, difficulty of balance, seizures.
My website

General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Chahat,
Welcome to HCM.
Symptoms of brain tumour vary from person to person and all the symptoms may not necessarily be seen in all the patients.
Usually the presenting symptoms are severe headache and vomiting. Depending on the site of tumour, the symptoms peculiar to that region may be seen, such as loss of balance, weakness in arms and legs, diminishing vision, aphasia, convulsions etc.
Purely based on these symptoms you cannot come to a conclusion of brain tumour. If you have any of these symptoms you must consult a neurosurgeon, who will need to do special tests including MRI to make a diagnosis.
Wish you all the best.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Symptoms of brain tumour will depend on the area where it is,symptoms are mainly
dur to presssureon surrounding area.How ever initial symptoms in general could be
unbearable headache,vomitng,blurring of vision,imbalance gait all can lead to suspicious of brai tumour if no history of head injury or severe hypertension. Thanks
Possible symptoms of a brain tumor include: A new seizure in an adult, Gradual loss of movement or sensation in an arm or leg, Unsteadiness or imbalance, especially if it is associated with headache, Loss of vision in one or both eyes, especially if the vision loss is more peripheral, Double vision, especially if it is associated with headache,Hearing loss with or without dizziness, Speech difficulty of gradual onset
other like nausea vomiting headache etc