running nose

I am suffering from running nose, please suggest to stop this problem.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Sep 2010
You have been suffering from allergic rhinitis.
Principles that may improve your condition.
1. First do a skin IgE allergen test to identify the allergy and try to avoid them by food, environment, touch etc.
2. Controlling dust and dust mites. For example, dust regularly and wash bed linens in hot water.
3. Controlling animal dander and other pet allergens. One way to do this is to restrict pets to certain areas of your home.
4. Controlling indoor molds. Clean bathtubs and showers monthly.
5. Avoiding outdoor pollens. This includes staying inside while pollen counts are high.
If avoiding allergens doesn't help your symptoms or is not possible
• you may try taking over-the-counter allergy medicines to relieve symptoms. You can treat a stuffy nose by using decongestants or nasal steroid spray or cleaning your nasal passages with saline solution (salt water).
Please consult with your physician for final opinion.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh Kumar. R.M's  Response
hi friend,running nose is a condition of allergy either to some dust,pollen grains,and even some try to find out the cause at your home, better to avoid broom for cleaning.better to purchase vacuum cleaner and try we cleaning at home.consult ENT specialist to rule out any polyp,and some ant allergi medication.take care.