Thanks for your query.
You have been suffering from allergic rhinitis
Principles that may improve your condition.
1. First do a skin IgE allergen test to identify the allergy
and try to avoid them by food, environment, touch etc.
2. Controlling dust and dust mites. For example, dust regularly and wash bed linens in hot water.
3. Controlling animal dander and other pet allergens. One way to do this is to restrict pets to certain areas of your home.
4. Controlling indoor molds. Clean bathtubs and showers monthly.
5. Avoiding outdoor pollens. This includes staying inside while pollen counts are high.
If avoiding allergens doesn't help your symptoms or is not possible
• you may try taking over-the-counter allergy medicines to relieve symptoms. You can treat a stuffy nose by using decongestants or nasal steroid
spray or cleaning your nasal passages with saline solution (salt water).
Please consult with your physician for final opinion.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr Sourav Ganguly