polio surgery foot

hi doctor, a surgeon in pakistan operated my polio affected flail foot. but it has been six months now and i am having problem in walking. He has strenghed it and it doesnot move even there is not much relexation , my ankle is very fixed like and there is no joint movement in ankle. He put 2 metal pins in my foot, and 1 metal pin on the ankle and leg bone joint. i was able to walk, upstairs and downstairs, using toilet, before operation and now there is not much joint movement. if these pins are removed from my foot and leg, can i have the same flexity and same foot situation again. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 25 Apr 2010
we need to evalute the condition of the foot and the ligaments. I would advise you to consult a orthopedician in this regard and get a x ray done too of the foot.
A thorough physical examination of the lower limb will help. So consult a orthopedician . I hope i have answered your query
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. If you surgeon feel ok, I think you may have to try physiotherapy.. This is essential not only to help in improving the condition, but to prevent further stiffness.. So check with your doctor and go ahead with physiotherapy..