lasting problem of tightness/dysfunction of muscles lateral to base of tongue

I am 38 year old male with history of many strep infections. Several years ago I underwent tonsillectomy that left me with lasting problem of tightness/dysfunction of muscles lateral to base of tongue causing numerous problems including great difficulty clearing mucus post-nasally. Are there any treatments/procedures available to treat this condition? Any info would be greatly appreciated as this situation is causing significant distress and is worsening.

Asked On : Wed, 17 Nov 2010