hard heartbeat

2 hours after drinking something with caffeine my hearts pounds harder - not faster just harder. This goes on for an hour or two more. Why?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Caffeine can stimulate the heart causing the symptoms.. You may have to reduced caffeine consumption.. If your age is above 40 years, you may have to consider getting a cardiac evaluation done..

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.This is very common as caffeine is stimulator.Apart from this if you are having or feeling your fast heart rate in routine,you need to visit a doctor and at least get your blood pressure checked.
wishing you good health.