fishy odour from my lower regions after having Seafood meal

WHENEVER i HAVE A SEAFOOD MEAL , I have a fishy odour from my lower regions and remains for a whole day or 2.Its quite offish when I go to bed with my husband. What can I do. Or should I not eat seafood at all . It is a favourite dish of mine.

Asked On : Mon, 15 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Though the exact cause for these symptoms are not known, I can suggest you a few measures that can help you. Since you love sea food and cannot quit eating it, restrict the consumption and eat sparingly.. A glass or two of Citrus fruit juice or lemonade following fish consumption should be good... Fengurek seed are also good and can be used alternatively..  Change the tamponade and look for signs of infection.. See a doctor if the symptoms persist to rule infections..

General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
odour after a meal can be a sign of inadequate metabolism. I would advise you to meet a physician in this regard as some times enzyme deficiency can present this way if it is mild but needs to be confirmed before any treatment as sometimes the only treatment for this would be to avoid the food which causes this. Also try to wash your self regularly in the mean time. I hope i have answered your query. Take care