<br>Diagnosed with Pancreatitis, variation in blood test. Can a menstrual cycle cause your lipase levels to go up?<br>

My niece is 13 and has been in the hospital for 8 days now. She was diagnosed with pancreatitis after her levels went from 600 to 700 to 1575. Her levels dropped to 1525 on day 6 and back up to 1610 on day 7. Today is day 8 and they have gone down to 1400. My question is. Can a menstrual cycle cause your lipase levels to go up? She was on her cycle for the 1st 6 days of her hospitalization. She was done with it on day 7 when they went back up though. She has had stomach pains for 3 months now and been in & out of the ER. Is it pancreatitis, or just menstrual cramping?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013